ITEC stands for the Iowa Technology & Education Connection. ITEC promotes the use of technology in education by demonstrating to its members, other educators and the public, developments in educational technology and how its appropriate use supports teaching and learning.
ITEC serves its members by:
- conducting an annual educational technology conference in October
- providing a network of educators available to share their expertise
- making contact with legislative groups, department of education, user groups, and other professional organizations
- displaying information about the organization at statewide conferences
- providing leadership on how technology can impact teaching and learning
“It is a non-negotiable for me to attend ITEC conference every year! I love and believe it in so much that when the day comes that I would be forced to use a personal day or leave without pay, I would use either personal day or leave without pay in a heartbeat! It is no-brainer to attend this conference! It is a mini-ISTE and we are so fortunate to have this conference in the state of Iowa!” – 2017 Fall Conference Attendee